Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AD automatic boot up and log in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cycle

cycle

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

I hope this is the right forum for this... I have a network running Active Directory and on my Windows 7 box. It boots to, "press CNTRL-ALT-Delete to log in". I know this is a AD screen, however I would like the computer to automatically log in and boot all the way up when powered on.

I can press Cntrl-Alt-Del and login in manually with no problem. However, I would like to bypass having to do this, but still be in the AD domain.

Is this possible with AD?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

I found this, but I ma unsure if it will work or not.

http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/714013.htm

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Part of the security features of being on a domain is the requirement to log in manually. The CTRL-ALT-DELETE requirement exists to verify someone is sitting at the keyboard which blocks several simple hacking methods. Having the computer auto login would completely bypass the most basic security since anyone who could access your computer would have instant access and it would be logged as being done by you.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users