Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem switching Intel HD grapphic to Nvidia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cerox

cerox

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi, i have a similar problem with this person here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic418407.html

Yes, very similar. I tried disabling the intel display adapter from device manager, restarted and max screen resolute is 1024x768 and not 1366.768.

MY specs are,
Acer 4750G i7
Nvidia Geforce 540M

I pressed F2 to go into Bios but there isnt any menu for me to change primary adapters or etc. Or maybe it could be another BIOS?

Help would be greatly apreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

Well, this is the nature of Nvidia's Optimus Technology.

For basic tasks (usage) that aren't GPU intensive, the system automatically switches to Intel's onboard graphics to save power (better battery life). But when you decided to do some serious gaming or watch HD movies, the system switches to the 540M to meet performance expectations.

While there isn't a definitive solution to this problem, you will find an option in the NVIDIA control panel to set the GPU (540M) as your preferred option. You will need to look for this.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 cerox

cerox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

MY friend had a acer laptop with Nvidia 400+ card. Under the display adapter at screen resoulution advance tab, the display adapter shows its Nvidia, for me, it shows that it is Intel HD graphic family. If he's adapter is Nvidia, why cant i change it to Nvidia too?

#4 cerox

cerox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

Help please :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users