Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memokit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skydiver666

skydiver666

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with memory enhancement software? I just got my comp back from a major virus infection and while going through performance software I came across Memokit. I did a little research and then tryed it under a 30 risk free. The program looks very basic but I question if it is even doing anything. It shoes targeted memory and a couple other gauges but there releivnce is foreign to me. Wondering if anyone knows anything more specific about the program or are its claims of 150% faster a gimic. Any info would be great.
Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:07 PM

IMO, none are worth 2 cents . They all do the same thing by swapping memory. Windows does it more efficiently. I have tried several, and the real answer to a memory problem is more memory.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

In order for the memory enhancement software to run it has to load itself into memory - so there's an extra chunk of memory that's gone!

Next, if there's a problem with your memory management - then, in XP at least, there's a problem with the programs that you're using. XP's memory management is quite able to handle managing your memory (unless a program is misbehaving).

In that case, remove the program and no more memory problem! :thumbsup:

2 asides here:
1) I recently had a memory problem with FireFox. I bit the bullet and kept it on my system anyway. Had to close and open FireFox regularly - but it stopped the memory problem temporarily (and, I've got 2 gB of RAM, so I'm not hurting for memory).
2) Win98 had a memory problem that could be helped by these tools - but I've seen no need for them since then.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users