Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe, winrscmde, sending info to random Sites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Arreladd

Arreladd

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Referred from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic419458.html ~ OB

I posted under the Am I infected Forum to verify what is going on and was told after some tests that some stronger tools and analisys was needed to resolve the issue I am having.

I noticed the issue one day when I started up my PC. At first I thought it was a hardware issue. After testing each individual piece of hardware I loaded the system up with a backup and the issue was back.

I tracked it down to an svchost.exe process where it would not only start monopolizing the CPU but also under the Process Explorer was sending out data to unknown websites via IP addresss

Here is my previous Post.
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic419458.html

I am attatching all the logs that were previously requested

DDS (dds.txt, attach.txt)
Security Check (checkup.txt)
Process Explorer (Procexp.txt, svchost.exe.txt)
miniToolbox (result.txt)

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 September 2011 - 10:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,731 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

Posted Image In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/419519 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

Posted Image If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#3 Arreladd

Arreladd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

I am still in need of help and am still getting the SVChost.exe issue where it uses up alot of my system resources. On top of that it looks like it is trying to send and recieve information via random ports to different IP addresses and Websites.

Here are my 2 DDS logs.

Attached Files

#4 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

Please do the following

Refer to the ComboFix User's Guide

• Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
    Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#5 Arreladd

Arreladd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

here is the combofix log

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Attached Files

#6 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Hi,

Please do the following:

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below.
  • They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Copy/paste the text inside the Codebox below into notepad:

Here's how to do that:
Click Start > Run type Notepad click OK.
This will open an empty notepad file:

Copy all the text inside of the code box - Press Ctrl+C (or right click on the highlighted section and choose 'copy')

KillAll::

FireFox::
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\Aran\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\yjwkxb34.default\
FF - Ext: XULRunner: {01A51FC5-AEC6-44C9-AA98-3728FEF5F1DB} - c:\users\Aran\AppData\Local\{01A51FC5-AEC6-44C9-AA98-3728FEF5F1DB}

Now paste the copied text into the open notepad - press CTRL+V (or right click and choose 'paste')

Save this file to your desktop, Save this as "CFScript"

Here's how to do that:

1.Click File;
2.Click Save As... Change the directory to your desktop;
3.Change the Save as type to "All Files";
4.Type in the file name: CFScript
5.Click Save ...

Posted Image
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix may request an update; please allow it.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

#7 Arreladd

Arreladd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Here is the combofix that you requested

Attached Files

#8 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Please run the following:

Please download TDSSKiller.zip
  • Extract it to your desktop
  • Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • Press Start Scan
    • Only if Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected
    • Then click Continue > Reboot now
  • Copy and paste the log in your next reply
    • A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

#9 Arreladd

Arreladd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

here is the TDSSKiller File

Attached Files

#10 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hi,

Please do the following:

• Please open your MalwareBytes AntiMalware Program
  • Click the Update Tab and search for updates
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <-- very important
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

NEXT

Go here to run an online scanner from ESET.
  • Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activeX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • When the scan completes, press the LIST OF THREATS FOUND button
  • Press EXPORT TO TEXT FILE , name the file ESETSCAN and save it to your desktop
  • Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Press the BACK button.
  • Press Finish

#11 Arreladd

Arreladd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

here are the 2 reports

Attached Files

#12 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hi

Please post a fresh DDS Log and advise how your computer is running now and if there are any outstanding issues

#13 Arreladd

Arreladd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

The Computer seems to be running a little smoother but I still Notice random Spikes in CPU and Memory Usage from items that that pop up in the task manager and dissapear before I can catch what name they are or even get the Proccess explorer to open them up. I did catch one SVChost doing something similar to what the other one was doing but it stopped rather suddenly before I can run any other tests.

Attached Files

#14 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

Hi,

Please do the following:

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click on Minimal Output at the top
  • Download scan.txt and save it to your Desktop. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
  • Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
  • A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
  • Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
  • Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

#15 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users