Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Loading Windows Vista SP 2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NicoRose_4

NicoRose_4

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hello everyone! I have been having an issue getting Windows Vista SP2 to install on my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. The update will look as though it went through, then at start up it will say "unsuccessful download". I have done this several times, and every attempt has been the same. Is there something I am doing wrong?

My Computer includes the following stats:

Windows vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1

Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel® Core™ Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

I keep getting the error message with the letters:

(KB948465)

I've done many searches to see what I can come up with, and all that has happened is me buying a bunch of “FIXING” programs that do not FIX my issues! If anyone is able to help me out, I would be very grateful for the helpful suggestions.

Thank you kindly

Oh, I would like to also add that I have gone to the actual Microsoft website to download this update, and the same problem occurs. I just thought I would add that detail in as well. Thanks Again!

Edited by hamluis, 20 September 2011 - 10:12 AM.
Merged topics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NicoRose_4

NicoRose_4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

Does this mean that maybe my Windows software has possible missing files? Anyone's help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I feel as though there may be missing files, and when I bought this computer, it already had Windows Vista installed on it without the store giving me a copy of the update DVD. It was purchased through Circuit City before they closed their doors, and they basically screwed me I feel. :wacko:

I read through the clean install forums, but I just feel as though that may cause me more damage if I don't have the proper installation cd. I am willing to buy one, I just can't find anyone who can help with Windows Vista since the norm now is Windows 7. Even Microsoft website has ended their service help with SP1 issues. It is a SP2 issue, but I think, as I stated, this is a SP1 issue due to missing files.. Possibly.

Thanks Again Guys

#3 NicoRose_4

NicoRose_4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello
I have a problem with my HP Pavilliondv6000 running vista, it keeps freezing on me, i was told that combofix could help

Hi Mattcon, I have the same computer, and it won't load SP2, so I have the same issues. Hopefully we'll find results to fix our little junk laptops. :thumbup2:

Edited by hamluis, 20 September 2011 - 10:10 AM.
Split, PM sent new OP.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

What may seem like similar situations to you...seldom are, IMO.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 20 September 2011 - 10:11 AM.

#5 NicoRose_4

NicoRose_4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

No, you are right Louis, mine is not freezing, it just will not load Service Pack 2. I think I have tried just about everything I know to do, and nothing is working. I think I will just have to break down and go to Windows 7, if I am able to do that. :crazy:

Could I be the dumb one to ask what IMO means? I am sorry for my ignorance.

Nico

Edited by NicoRose_4, 20 September 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

In My Opinion :).

It doesn't matter that Circuit City closed, HP made the system and is responsible for support.

I would contact them and inquire about the possibility of recovery/restore disks...or inquire about altnernate ways of invoking the restore/recovery mechanism implemented by HP.

Louis

#7 NicoRose_4

NicoRose_4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

I will get right on that, Louis. I just hope they do not think I am trying to scam them or something. That seems to be the luck I have with everything. I just do not understand why they did not give me the CD/DVD in the first place! <_< But, I will go ahead and give them a ring and see what happens.

Once again, thank you for your kind response. It is always appreciated :thumbup2:

~Nico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users