Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot.Tidserv.B

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trentos

Trentos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hey guys.

A buddy of mine asked me to reformat his hard drive for him on my computer. I threw in the hard drive and without opening it, I threw a Norton Virus scan on it. It came up with Boot.Tidserv.B and that it could not remove it. I formatted the drive. Now my Norton still continues to come up with Boot.Tidserv.B. I ran Norton Power Eraser and nothing came up and I also ran Norton FixTDSS as well nothing came up. The computer that the hard drive was from was a 32bit XP and my computer is a 64bit Windows 7. Is there a way i can be certain this virus did not make it to my computer? I am not to worried because I dont believe it did.

This is a copy of what Norton is saying.

Resolved Threats:
No risks have been resolved

Unresolved Threats:
Boot.Tidserv.B
Type: Master Boot Record
Risk: High (High Stealth, High Removal, High Performance, High Privacy)
Categories: Virus
-----------
1 System Action
Drive 0x83 - Infected

As well I might add, my scans are coming up clean with a current up to date Norton as well it says removal failed when I go into Norton > Security History > Unresolved risks.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need additional information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users