Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Fire Wall Stoped Reconizing Za Pro

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Viet Vet

Viet Vet

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:05 PM

Hello. Windows Security Center is telling me that ZoneAlarm firewall is currently turned off. Windows Firewall is off, and ZA is currently running. Is there any way to fix this problem without telling Windows not to monitor it?

This Just Started today, did system restore; no joy there.
WIN XP Pro SP2
ZA Pro v5.5.094.000
AVG AV v7.xxx

More info;
It Seems to be a Windows Issue. I Downloaded the latest update 6.1.737 did a clean install. Ran the setup wizard restarted my PC Windows does not recognize ZA pro. It (Win XP) asks if I would like to turn on Windows FW, I said yes, which causes a message "Windows can not turn on its firewall". But Windows shows their FW is On and ZA pro is functioning correctly.

I have Screen Shots but am unable to upload them.
Support Our Troops

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xposemncz

xposemncz

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:33 PM

Hi,

First of all Welcome to Bleepingcomputer.com, Hope all your queries will get answered here.

If you have ZA and its in working condition then all you need is to say windwos that I will manuly monitor my Firewall Information.

Herez how you can do that:

Goto Start-> Settings-> Control Panel -> Security Center

On the security Center if you have ur windows firewall turned off then it will show the status as OFF, click on Recommendations button below and put a check mark on "I Have a firewall Solution ... " and click OK.

This will work for you.

#3 Viet Vet

Viet Vet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

xposemncz;

Thank you for your reply.
I have previously did that. The issue is that up until this AM Windows Security center monitored my ZA Firewall.

I am looking to correct/repair the issue. Not just to bypass monitoring by the security center.

Viet Vet
Support Our Troops

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:07 PM

Viet Vet

Could you not just disable the windows firewall?
Posted Image

#5 Viet Vet

Viet Vet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

Viet Vet

Thank you, I have already achieved that, I am looking for help correcting the issue.

Viet Vet
Support Our Troops

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:49 PM

Viet Vet,

Also I would like to say Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I am unable to find any other reports of "false positive" WSC of ZA being turned off. According to the Zone Labs FAQ's, specifically number 6, all ZA products work with WSC. As you have mentioned in your DSLR post about another ZA problem. I would suggest opening a trouble ticket with ZA to find out why ZA is not working with WSC as they say.

Be (false positive) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Viet Vet

Viet Vet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

Thanks Animal;

I actually turned off Security Center in Services.msc. All of my Security programs are self monitoring, or can be observed by me.
I killed most of my Sunday on this. I would have liked to solve it; in the grand scheme of things it is not all that important to me.
I have multiple posts in Major Geeks, Blink.nu and the ZA forum. I also searched the MS knowledge base. If something falls in my lap I am open to try it, otherwise I am Done.

Viet Vet
Support Our Troops

#8 tyrus

tyrus

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

Viet Vet

That's what I did. It's completely unnecessary. No point in consuming the excess resources.

But I'm using and older version of Zone Alarm - 4.5. I heard so many nightmare tales about the newer versions that I stopped updating.

I just go to Shields Up! and test occassionally. Always passed.

Edited by tyrus, 22 January 2006 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

I don't believe that Windows security recognizes or nonitors ZA and as far as I know the problems with the new versions have been fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users