Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Periodically web sites I've been accessing don't load for a few minutes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Periodically, I'll go to a website, such as Youtube, or Google, and click links and go to different pages. At some point, the link I click will not load, and nothing on that website will load if I try to go anywhere on there again, for about 5 minutes. During this time, I can still browse other web pages with no notable difference in connection speed. I have noticed that it says 'Connected to youtube.com' (or any other website that I'm trying to load) before it loads nothing. Today I was using Google Docs, creating a word document, and randomly it wouldn't allow me to edit the page anymore and the website displays 'Trying to reach Google.com...'

I am using Firefox 6.0.2 with Windows 7 32-bit. I haven't noticed this problem until we had internet installed in our apartment from Mediacom in the Des Moines, IA area at 12mbs down and 1mb up. We have a Belkin F5D7234-4 Wireless G router. I connect wirelessly. There is a possibility it may be unrelated, because I haven't tried internet at other wi-fi areas since we've had it installed.

Thank you for any help and let me know if you would like any more information regarding this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

Does the same thing happen with IE?

Edited by Broni, 18 September 2011 - 02:25 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

I attempted to try this the last time it happened, but when I got there with IE, I was able to load it in Firefox. Next time, as soon as I notice it, I'll try that and return here with results.

#4 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

Quite some time later, but this happened again and I quickly opened up command prompt and tried to ping the site I was trying to access (docs.google.com) and it failed. I then tried to ping google.com and it worked. A little bit later I pinged docs.google.com, got a response, but my browser would still not load the page, instead it would load a white blank page, no error message. Is this something to do with my router, or my ISP?

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

If you're using Firefox 3.x, close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode).
If you're using Firefox 4, or higher go Help>Restart Firefox with Add-ons Disabled.
Same issue?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yes, this time it was with youtube.com. I can successfully ping the site, but nothing loads on the screen. Usually after 3-5 minutes I can load any page that has this problem normally, but it's pretty frustrating.

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

See if same thing happens with wired connection.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

New computer, Wired connection, still happens. This time it was with Wowhead.com.

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

What do you mean by "new computer"?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#10 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

I purchased a new computer, the one I was using before was an old laptop I got when I graduated highschool a few years ago. Basically just stated it was a new computer to show that it's happening on multiple computers, not just the one.

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Let's try to reset your router....

Turn the computer off.

On your router, you'll find a pinhole marked "Reset".
Keep pushing the hole, using a pencil, or a paperclip until all lights briefly come off and on.
NOTE. Simple router disconnecting from a power source will NOT do.
Restart computer and check for redirections.

NOTE. You may need to re-check your router security settings, as described HERE

My Website

p4433470.gif

#12 Angelthesis08

Angelthesis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

Same problem : /

#13 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Possibly you have some issue with your router, or with you internet connection.
Call your ISP.
If that doesn't help I'd consider replacing your router.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users