Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intel celeron M

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uhhhnope1

uhhhnope1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Hi, I have a computer that for unknown reasons the processor is always at 99% to 100% usage no matter how light the OS is I've tried cooling it in many ways but that's not helping usage. This is a handicap for i have ideas for this computer but till this problem is solved i can not do anything. If anyone knows what might be the problem i would love to hear will try anything at this point. Thanks for your input in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

Is there any applications running?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 uhhhnope1

uhhhnope1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

no i checked for that and its just 99% to 100% no matter where i am. thought about the thermal paste maybe i should replace it. ill try that and anything logical that is said=)

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Could you tell how you checked it?
Does that 99% is your processor heat? If yes I believe that your Mainboard has been Malfunction and your Processor will get fry or burn as Mainboard have sensor that will activate AUTO SHUTDOWN when your Processor heat reach 110-130C (depends on Mainboard).

But in your case you don't get Auto Shutdown so please tell with what you check it? I think you have wrong idea about your problem.

And please give your Computer Brand and Model on your next post. If you have Custom Computer please give entire Specs of your Computer.

Edited by abauw, 18 September 2011 - 01:45 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

hello....i believe what you mean is : you have opened task manager and observed the cpu usage located at the bottom left hand corner of that window[/size]....[size="5"]and with no programs open other than taask manager itself, you are observing extremely high cpu usage....(not temperature)....
Making us aware of the specs of your PC is always a good start.......and have you run any virus/malware scans etc....
I will now bow out.......i merely wished to clear any confusion regarding cpu usage as opposed to temperature.

Edited by hamluis, 10 October 2011 - 03:25 PM.
Edited font size.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 uhhhnope1

uhhhnope1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Just wanted to clear up. It turns out it was over heating do to the thermal paste going bad. i have ordered more and fixed the problem thanks all!=)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users