Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

paid-for e-mail service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:17 AM

Does anyone know of a pay-in-advance e-mail service that will let you choose your own user name, no matter how long or short it is? If so, what is that web site? Thank you. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

Just out of curiosity why do you want a 'pay for' mail service, when there are so may free ones that have the long user name availability? What are the benefits you are looking for by paying a fee?

A long user name is one way to minimize use, by others. Most people don't like typing long names or they are often misspelled.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Murrar

Murrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

I want a very short username (so that when I am giving my e-mail on the telephone to some the person on the telephone can understand me easily) to precede the @ sign, and I want a very short password (easier to remember). Murrar

#4 somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

An enhanced account at FastMail allows as little as three characters. See this page, Membership Levels and Prices, for more info.
-bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users