Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deep Freeze or Steady State update for Windows 7.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

I just upgrade my OS to Windows 7 64 bit and it's running very smoothly right now with a few programs and games installed, I'm looking forward in installing Deep freeze or Steady state to keep the status of my PC and keep it that way, does the two above work already or it's still being worked on by their developers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

System Specs for WIndows Steady State:

System requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP

Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed or Service Pack 3 installed, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Starter, or Windows Vista with Service Pack 1

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=4310

Also I think Steady State is no longer available.

#3 jaydeee

jaydeee

• Banned Spammer
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

I've been using deep freeze for quite sometimes now. I also want to preserve my computer from a known and optimum state. This is also good virus defense, just restart and you'll be back healthy. :)

#4 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

yes, I'm thinking of getting deep freeze..i just checked microsoft's website and many users are complaining why windows 7 does not support Steady state.

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

I love Deep Freeze. You can manage your workstations from a remote console, so thawing a large number at one time is relatively easy. We have it installed on 20+ labs and the workload is 1% what it used to be.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thank you guys..I will get deep freeze and install it, it's a shame, microsoft is developing windows 8 already but steady state does not work with windows 7. :mellow:

#7 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

By the way, can anyone so kind enough to let me know where to download or a link to get deep freeze and is it for Free?

Edit: additional information.

Edited by Alumar, 19 September 2011 - 04:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users