Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer printing random emails !?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Ok, so I have a friend of the family that works from home.

She is running Vista x32 (gasp vista!) and does most of her work through Outlook ( I believe its 2007). Her printer is a Dell photo 966 I believe.

In the last 2 weeks she is having problems of emails printing randomly. I sat down with her and asked if she is hitting ctrl-p, and she feel adamant that she isnt hitting that combo.

She hasn't narrowed it down to any certain time, but sometime during the day, random emails print.

I checked her computer form malware, adware, browser hijacks, viruses. using a multitude of programs like Avira, Avast, Spybot S&D. I've made sure she has all the updates available from microsoft. I've checked task manager for any other weird processes running. I've ran a defrag (for giggles, since it does it on schedule).

The things I haven't done but plan on doing is:

1. I might have you use a different keyboard.
2. I should uninstall the printer drivers and install them from scratch with any new updated ones that are out.
3. I could run her recovery discs, but I'm hoping that doesnt mess up any of her business software that she has installed.
4. Lastly, I could just tell her to go buy Windows 7. (Would Windows 7 Home Premium allow me to upgrade her machine from its Vista x32?)

I've used process explorer to see if I can see any weird dll's etc attached to a process like explorer.exe

This has really confusing. I've checked the spooler and I never see any documents waiting when i'm over there. The email's that random print during the day almost look like a print screen, but only contains the window of an open email, and at the bottom of the printed page it has a url footer i believe.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nichole Hudson

Nichole Hudson

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

As far as I know the problem is not with windows. The problem probably lies with the keyboard. There might be some problem with the keys. Sometimes if the printer driver is not installed properly or if your friend has done something with the preferences then such kind of thing can happen. This is not a very usual problem, so you need to first check these things or else take the computer to the service center.
Even in the dark a little star shines, so let each day be your masterpiece of light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users