Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help formatting linpus lite 1.0.9e

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 adz63

adz63

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hi. My girlfriends son has aspire one zg5 he just got.it. Now he wants flash player so he can play habbo. I have tried installing it and extracting and also using package installer but it asks for.a password but he does not know it. Is there an easy way to install flash player or can you please tell me how to format it so I can set up a password again. And hopefully get it to work. Thanks

Ps I don't have a clue when it comes to linux lol

Edited by adz63, 16 September 2011 - 05:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

adz first of all what are you running see this link . i am guessing linpus linux. is that correct?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

adz must of had a brain fart. okay you have linpus installed. the password is the one that was setup at time of install. if it was done at the factory check the owners somewhere there has to be a password-the one he uses to log on to the computer. that is what is being requested.
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#4 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

He brought it at cex uk without even asking anyone if he could buy it. we asked the shop they don't know password . I don't think they formatted it he was able to turn it on and just use it. They won't take it back or anything so as he is stuck with it I may as well try sort it for him

Edited by adz63, 16 September 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#5 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

adz try this it is for ubuntu but should work. print it out and it shows you what to do if you forgot both your user name and password. NOTE: linux is case sensitive. the password dog and DOG are not the same. get that fixed and i can help you install flash. let me know

http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword

#6 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

I true to get into recovery but shift don't do anything just loads up normal. And as it has no disk drive I can't get a live cd

#7 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

adz . did some searching the password problem seems to be a common problem with the model . stab in the dark when you get prompted for a password try typing in the computers serial number see if that works.

#8 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

one more idea can you add another user to you computer. if so add new user with user name and password. an idea anyway

#9 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Ok mate will try . In morning in knackered .cheers for the advice. I will reply in morn tell ya how I'm doing

#10 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

adz or maybe this will help
http://forums.techguy.org/linux-unix/738270-solved-acer-aspire-one-linpus.html#post6050911

Edited by rburkartjo, 16 September 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#11 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

one more link adz AND THIS LOOKS EASY
http://scantheman.blogspot.com/2011/01/linpus-linux-acer-aspire-one-root.html

#12 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

I'd replace Linpus with something else. Probably Mint would be most all-inclusive. If you like the launcher (the desktop with all of the icons on it, and menus that open up in the same area), you can always install one and have it run automatically at startup. There are actually several to choose from, but you should probably use one that fits the version of Mint you install (lxde-launcher for LXDE, netbook-launcher for Gnome).

1. On another machine, download and install unetbootin. If you have linux, it's probably in the repository. If you have Windows, search for it on google. It works in both.

2. Download whatever linux live CD you want to install.

3. Make sure you have a formatted thumb drive. FAT32 will work usually. Every once in a blue moon I find something that needs FAT16. If you format it under Windows, use what it gives you, which will probably be FAT32.

4. Run unetbootin, point it to the thumb drive as the device, and to the .iso you downloaded. Tell it to install it there. When it's done, choose exit, not reboot.

5. Boot the Acer with the thumb drive inserted. At the BIOS POST screen, start hitting F12 until it either goes to device selection or it says it's going there (not sure what that model displays on the BIOS screen, so you may have to keep hitting it until it goes to the selection screen).

6. Choose the thumb drive, hit enter, and enjoy the live CD. From there you can install something that is almost certainly better and more up to date than Linpus, chroot in to reset the root password, etc.

#13 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

I changed the password by running a command in terminal . Ok I downloaded flash player and run with package installer but flash player does not work even tho it's installed

#14 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

look at reply #7

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/how-to-install-flash-player-on-linpus-linux-lite-887728/

#15 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,958 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

another idea to flash working install this addon in firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users