Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Magic Mail Monitor for Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Girgenti

Tony Girgenti

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hello,

Does anybody know how to get Magic Mail Monitor version 2.94.b19 working in Windows 7?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mmm3/files/

I have been using it for years in Windows XP Pro, SP3, but i can't get it to work in Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Stop The World, I want To Get Off!

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass ... It's About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

From what I gather, it seems to only have support for 32-bit versions of Windows, at least according to the reviews and specs I could find. Is your Win7 a 64-bit or a 32-bit? Because that would explain it.
"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

Seeing as the last version was: 2.94b18 October 12, 2007

It is unlikely that it is compatible or any thought was was put into making it compatible with Win 7. Also the original developer has abandoned the project and allowed someone else to take it over.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Tony Girgenti

Tony Girgenti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

Well I can't explain it, but after I started logging into my computer using the network domain, MMM started working.

Maybe it had some kind of security issue going to the internet through the server without being part of the domain.

Another program that I had the same problem with and is now working is List.com by Vernon Buerg. I have used that program for over 20 years and I'm glad I can still use it.

I am using the 32bit version of Windows 7.

Thanks,
Tony

Stop The World, I want To Get Off!

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass ... It's About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users