Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Packard Bell EasyNote MZ35 - install extra RAM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 whacko1066

whacko1066

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

I decided to increase the RAM on this laptop from 512Mb to 2Gb. I've successfully installed a 1Gb board
into the space on the outer rear case of the laptop, however I can't work out how to install the second
board which goes somewhere under the keyboard!

I've got the keyboard out of the machine, but wary now of what to do next,as there is no obvious place
for the second board to go!!

Please help, PB manual only shows how to dismantle laptop, not where things like RAM fit!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

There is a video installation guide that may be of help. You will need to scroll down the page till you see "Learn More" and click on the "Installations Help" tab. Due to the slow speed of my dial up connection it would take close to an hour for this video to load, so I haven't seen it all. Hope it helps.

The video can be viewed here.

Edited by dc3, 17 September 2011 - 10:36 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

There is a video installation guide that may be of help. Due to the slow speed of my dial up connection it would take close to an hour for this video to load, so I haven't seen it all. Hope it helps.

The video can be viewed here.

There seems to be no video there unless i missed somewhere :wacko:

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

Killerx525,

I edited the post to add the instructions for finding the video before I saw your post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

I see the confusing now and also found the video :)

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 whacko1066

whacko1066
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

I'm sorry people, I've seen the various replies to my plea, but they seem to refer to OKMEMORY.com's site, which shows a video
of two RAM boards being fitted into the rear outer case of the laptop.

I've succesfully installed one of the boards into the slot in, approximately this space, however the other one has to go
underneath the keyboard; there's a space for it there and there alone, apparently!!!!

Appreciate your help folks, suggestions welcome

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

Whacko1066,

To add to my previous post, at the astounding speed of 26.4Kbps it would have take close to an hour to be able to view this video which I'm not willing to invest my time in. My apologies if the video was not for your specific make and model.

I may be useful if you can post a picture of the area where the second module is suppose to be located.

#8 whacko1066

whacko1066
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:00 AM

Sorry folks I've been given some bum information and been looking for something that doesn't exist!

When I first looked for info on upgrading the RAM I read somewhere the second RAM bay was under the keyboard.

I was just about to take a photo of the area under the keyboard as dc3 suggested when I looked at it and thought
"Why the hell would you hide a RAM slot under all that!"

I then went back to the original RAM slot on the underside and studied it more closely, and realised there is a second
space for an additional RAM module under the first, which was why I hadn't spotted it!!

Feel such an idiot now, wasted all that time looking for something that wasn't there!!

Anyway, all done now, thanks to you all for your input and assistance, much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users