Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spam From "laprunner"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deb65

deb65

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

I keep getting a lot of spam advertising various things from a company called "LapRunner" which says I subscribed for this service. (I don't do that on purpose!)

There is also the name and address for a company called Mail Gravity, Inc.

Is there a way to stop getting these emails? I've heard that you can actually do more harm by clicking on the unsubscribe button. Is that true and is there anything I can do???

Thanks!

Mod Edit: Post moved to more appropriate forum ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 21 January 2006 - 11:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:42 AM

If it is the same address everytime you can set a message rule to delete the email or block it . I prefer to just delete the email. By unscribing you comfirm the email is good and the assualt may continue. Blocking it does the same thing, they will just use another emai address to spam you with.

OutLook Express>Messages>Create a message rule>Check"where message contains from persons"(the first box)>in the second field"Delete it"

You can also use this to direct email from companies and people to certain folders. Like have your telephone, electric, or cable bill go to thier own folder. It saves time whle sifting thru spams.
Hope this helps.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 deb65

deb65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:57 AM

The email addresses are from all over hte place. I get a few from one address then it changes. Guess I'm screwed. I had been blocking them but as you said, it hasn't helped. Thanks for the tip on how to route it into folders though. That at least will save me the time getting rid of it.

Have a good one-

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod Edit: Cleaned up post by closing the BB Code tags.

Edited by Scarlett, 22 January 2006 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users