Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 cgirl0111

cgirl0111

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

I posted this on the mac os board but I think this is a more appropriate place as i believe it is hardware based (if someone could merge my thread or move it over that would be great.. or maybe since this is a mac question it only belongs in that section?)

Sister has a macbook from 08, it only seems to boot up to a black screen. She tried hitting option and tried booting it with her installation disc.. at first she got an image, so she knows her screen still works, but then it goes away and is back to being all black again.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? I'm not very good at macs but maybe someone else is? It sounds to me like it might be memory or the logic/motherboard.

Edited by Budapest, 15 September 2011 - 11:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Other topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic419059.html

We'll leave the other topic open for now and close this one.

It can be reopened later if required.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users