Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

memory troubles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seaplusplus

seaplusplus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

quick info. built new gaming rig, 4gb of mem, windows 7.

problem. im chillin playing minecraft, and it crashes saying not enough free memory for java to use. so im checking my memory processes with the resource monitor, it says im using 2.2gb out of my 4gb but if i tally up all the processes it says are being ran, i only get 1gb of used memory.

so question is where the hell is this stuff thats using my extra gig of memory?

also when im running minecraft, it says im using 3.5gb of ram. NO other programs are open.

it also looks like java is using 1.5gb of ram purely while running minecraft

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

What video card are you using and how much ram does it have? Your video card might be running out of ram. If it does it will ask the mother board for the use of it's ram. This will slow you down a lot. I'm not sure if this will show a flag for Java because I have never had the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users