Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

btsidbus & no HDD installed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farcasanu

farcasanu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hy,

I have a problem (who doesn`t?!!!?). when I boot the system is restarting few seconds after windows xp log is displayed. in safe mode it crashes on BtHidBus.sys. I look after it and saw that Windows Recovery Consaole can be used. after few disks burned and BIOS setup for booting on CD, I managed to run this console. After pressing "R" for repairring it says that no disk are installed and press F3 to quite.
I am quite mad with this shiet, so any help or ideas are wellcome!

Thanks for helping me!
Radu

Edited by hamluis, 16 September 2011 - 08:06 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

From http://www.registryfast.com/error-exe/BtHidBus.sys.html :

"BtHidBus.sys is a key process in operation system, which is responsible for system services that run from dynamic link libraries (files with extension .dll). Because it is used as a common system process, some spyware often uses a process name of "BtHidBus.sys" to disguise itself. By hiding under the fake name - “BtHidBus.sys”, spyware can damage more files and ruin your system gradually. Some spyware inject a .dll file into the authentic BtHidBus.sys process. (Free Scan PC Errors)

The normal location of the BtHidBus.sys file is in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, BtHidBus.sys is a virus, spyware, Trojan or worm."

Based on that narrative, I am moving this to the Am I Infected forum, where more knowledgeable personnel can take a deeper look. I will also list it on our Unbootable Computers list, where one of our malware personnel can attempt to help determine what the problem is.

Louis

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:04 AM

Please let me know if you still need help with this issue.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users