Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE locks up, computer veeeery sloooow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rushguy

rushguy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hey all, lookin forward to some suggestions:

1) I'm in afghanistan on satelite internet, so very slow.

2) 2 days ago i did a factory restore to attempt to resolve issues.... not working.

3) since the factory restore i've spent hours and hours doing windows updates.

4) defrag was completed of all laptop HD's

5) I use IE over here, only changes i've made were to my homepage tabs (gmail, FB, a forum i frequent, and today i added this forum). Additionally, for addons i use Skype to keep in touch with my family, and i use the freecorder toolbar almost daily, so installed that after updates were done to windows etc... and changed my default search provider to google.

6) computer is slooooow... ie: typing this in, i don't see it until 20-30 seconds later, and random stuff happens, ie, i'll be typing along and all the sudden i'm not typing in this window, but rather i've somehow gone backwards a few places up to the 'Topic Title' window and i'm typing up there?!
When i say it's slow, i mean that when i click a different tab to go to say... facebook, i get the little 'thinking circle' for 30seconds to a minute before the tab changes.... same thing when changing between tasks, like IE and Skype, or Word and IE etc etc...

Please let me know what more information you need, i tried to provide the best info i could.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

You mention "all laptops" and then you mention "computer"...are we talking about a single computer?

If so, manufacturer and model?

Did you follow the manufacturer's recommended procedures for "factory restore"?

Did you check the hard drive for problems...before your attempted factory restore?

Louis

#3 rushguy

rushguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

One laptop HP Pavilion dv5.

As far as i know, i did the factory restall IAW HP... i did it from the f7 key at startup and followed all instructions on there...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users