Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pbustama1

pbustama1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hello,

So on my parents computer they have encountered the blue screen of death. They have not tried to upgrade their operating system or anything along those lines and the only program they installed recently was utorrent. The computer worked normal for a week and a half but one day it simply gave them the blue screen. I'm wondering if they maybe got a virus through utorrent or possibly some sort of hardware is fried (mind you they leave the thing on and rarely shut it down which wouldn't shock me if that caused something to overheat). I tried running in safe mode and it let me do so for a little bit but then it would immediately switch back to the blue screen. Here are three error messages I received and what I was doing before getting the blue screen:

The first screen was after i simply turned on the computer
No technical info given
Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF78E8867, 0xF8A4C598, 0xF8A4C294)

Second blue screen came after trying to run the computer in safe mode with networking which gave me a normal safe mode screen for about 10 seconds then immediately gave me the blue screen
Technical info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000001C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8053C5A5)

Final blue screen came after me getting the computer to safe mode then trying to run a system restore it let me get as far as selecting a date but right when I was about to hit next it gave me the blue screen
No technical info given
STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF7C8F160, 0xF7C8EE5C, 0x80564AB7)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind this is my parents computer so unfortunately i cant respond right away with more info but I will respond as quickly as possible if more technical info is need. Also I can't really access much on the computer so I assume If there is a program I will have to download it from my computer and put it on a disc. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 pbustama1

pbustama1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Im heading there tonight and I will be posting the information that I get from this computer. Thank you!

#4 pbustama1

pbustama1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

So i am having trouble running blue screen view on their computer. I wrote the program onto a CD and when I try to run the CD in safe mode on their computer it will either not let me access the CD, or it will switch to the blue screen right away. Is there another way to get the program to run from the CD without going through safe mode, like a command prompt or anything along those lines. Thank you in advance!

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Try booting with live/bootable media. There are many available, some are quite reliable. I mainly use UBCD as a basic tool. Although Ultimate Boot CD for Windows® has anti-virus/malware tools that UBCD doesn't. :blink: Think I'll grab a copy while I'm linking.... :huh:

Here are a few options to consider.

Hope this is helpful.

Edit: http://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper

Edited by bludgard, 24 September 2011 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users