Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 4adummy

4adummy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

Mod Edit: My fault :) ~ Hamluis.
And if I DO see YELLOW symbols????? then what? I get "new hardware message" unknown device.... in Device Manager there is YELLOW question mark(two actually) Any advice?

<<If you have a problem with your system please start your own thread. Your post in this thread only causes confusion. Thank you.>>

Is my computer crashing?
I have a "new hardware found" screen that comes up each time I turn on my computer.... I have nothing new what could this mean

Edited by hamluis, 15 September 2011 - 04:44 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

A "new hardware found" screen will come up each time that the system is booted...and you have hardware items which are recognized by the system but do not have the appropriate drivers installed.

Post the exact decriptions of the items having yellow markings in Device Manager.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 4adummy

4adummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

Dell Inspiron 6000 Intel Pentium M processor 1.60GHZ;503 MB RAM; mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910 GML express chipset
Windows XP Home SP3
Device manager: betwenn "network adapters &
PCMIA is a listing -? Other devices listed in the catagory is ? unknown device.
THESE question marks are yellow.
Let me know if more info can help. Not sure if enough was provided for you.
I am not sure of anything, RE: computers except this one got super slow from one day to the next. MAlware bytes found nothing on repeated scans, Panda found nothing in several scans & then it said it found a trojan, but I was in a hurry and closed things down and never got any further info... Now the only programs that turn anything up are programs that want me to buy them.... So not sure Trojan?? No proof. Drivers? Which one? Something else entirely???

#4 4adummy

4adummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

NOTE: device status : this device not configured correctly. (code 1)
I click reinstall and device manager can not ....
device instance ID: ROOT\LEGACY_SASKUTIL\0000

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

<<Panda found nothing in several scans & then it said it found a trojan, but I was in a hurry and closed things down and never got any further info... Now the only programs that turn anything up are programs that want me to buy them...>>

Based on that, I will move this to the Am I Infected forum, where the more knowledgeable can check your system for possible malware complications.

Louis

#6 4adummy

4adummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Well it could be malware... But, I have been being helped in that arena on the Elder geek site & then they reco to start a new topic/thread in their hardware forum. I did & still am getting no reply So I am trying here. My hardware post(on TEG) has only been 2 & 1/2 days ago, but at this point it feels liks a lifetime. So based on the elder geek tech/admin. I am posting a different thread... just on a different site...really just want to see the computer compute with the least number of glitches and shortest amount of time. That is why I am posting to a hardware forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users