Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It Stinks!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

The developer preview has been out for less than 24 hours. Nevertheless, let's start complaining! :woot:

I'll go first just to get the ball rolling...

The Metro UI absolutely sucks for any sort of computer other than a tablet/phone. I like my computers like I like my men: under the desk and connected to the power mains.

Edited by Andrew, 15 September 2011 - 11:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

Now that's funny right there. :hysterical: :hysterical: :clapping: :clapping: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

heh, that was pretty funny

But what I don't like is having all of my applications "suspended," like they're in limbo just waiting for the second coming. When I'm done with a document, I want it saved and closed, not just sitting there with my already finished game of solitaire and the 20 webpages I looked at yesterday, and the control panel just wide open like I forgot what I was doing. Ctrl+Alt+Del EVERY time I'm done with a program? That's when I start going through the event log and looking for problems. And where's my damned shutdown command?
End Rant
"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

You've installed a developer's preview of Windows 8. It isn't even in Alpha yet. Lot's of things will change before the final release. Meanwhile, you have to expect a lot of bugs and unfinished code.

Edited by Allan, 15 September 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• Topic Starter

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

You've installed a developer's preview of Windows 8. It isn't even in Alpha yet. Lot's of things will change before the final release. Meanwhile, you have to expect a lot of bugs and unfinished code.

Your rational appeal to sanity has no place in this conversation!

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

My mistake

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• Topic Starter

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

Yes, now let's get back to trashing Windows 8! :whistle:

It smells funny and throws like a girl.

#8 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

lol and it's mother wears combat boots! :crazy:
"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

#9 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

I like my computers like I like my men: under the desk and connected to the power mains.

Yes, now let's get back to trashing Windows 8!
:whistle:

It smells funny and throws like a girl.

MEH!...I like it just fine...

:hysterical:

#10 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

The escape key doesn't work anymore <_< It randomly goes to blank screen for some apps which is really annoying like Store.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#11 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

On a tablet PC it is perfect but on a desktop IT SUCKS MONKEY BALLS :hysterical:
Posted Image

#12 lti

lti

• Members
  • 595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

On a tablet PC it is perfect but on a desktop IT SUCKS MONKEY BALLS :hysterical:

I would agree, and I haven't used it yet.

I actually work on my computer (I must be a nutcase), and the UI shows that it will be a pain to use a computer running Windows 8 for anything other than social networking and watching movies. The "easy-to-use" interface in modern operating systems (anything newer than Windows XP) is too difficult to use for anything resembling work.

The current design (programs don't actually close and the UI looks like a smartphone instead of a computer) is exactly what people want.

#13 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

I would agree, and I haven't used it yet.

I actually work on my computer (I must be a nutcase), and the UI shows that it will be a pain to use a computer running Windows 8 for anything other than social networking and watching movies. The "easy-to-use" interface in modern operating systems (anything newer than Windows XP) is too difficult to use for anything resembling work.

The current design (programs don't actually close and the UI looks like a smartphone instead of a computer) is exactly what people want.

Well I don't know if it sucks monkey balls, but I must say I'm underwhelmed at this point. Get rid of the Metro UI for desktops & it's much the same as Windows 7 with a smartphone interface and a few ribbons here and there, new task manager...and little else I've noticed. A little snappier perhaps--I'm running it in a VM so it's hard to tell how much. As it is, Win 8 is like 2 different OSes bolted clumsily together but of course this is a pre-beta fercryinoutloud.

....The Metro UI absolutely sucks for any sort of computer other than a tablet/phone

+1

Edited by Union_Thug, 15 September 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#14 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

But it is a Microsoft product and everyone is supposed to absolutely LOVE it!
Didn't you all get the memo?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#15 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• Topic Starter

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

But it is a Microsoft product and everyone is supposed to absolutely LOVE it!
Didn't you all get the memo?

Yes, but I can't read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users