Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

backing up problems - cobian? Easeus Todo Backup?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mybrainaches

mybrainaches

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

hi there , before having a deeper look at my machine as recommended by orange blossom - following guide "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools" indicating backing up being the first step. I tried the microsoftbackup for xp link that was listed in this guide, but couldnt find it!! (I have windows xp media centre edition)

So i am just about to run cobian boletus for first time , and get ERR 2011-09-13 16:19 Error while creating the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot: The requested object does not exist. error

but it appears to continue to backup.
what does this error mean, and what if anything do i need to do?

I have been asking on the cobian help forum about this and have not got very far with a reply
- i have got 118gb on my external harddrive, that should be enough free space to store the created shadow volume?

what is Volume Shadow Copy snapshot anyhow?? .

i have posted on cobians help forum but had no reply so my investigation of my computers problems has ground to a halt as i havent ensured a good back up.

any thoughts on using the Easeus Todo Backup tool instead?

Edited by mybrainaches, 15 September 2011 - 02:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Picotrek

Picotrek

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Todo is similar To Acronis. It will Make an Image of your Hard Disk. But it only Mounts the image in Read Mode. So if you need to take over permissions of the User Directory, you will be stuffed (Product Fail). Acronis is much better, although you have to pay for it.

Anotehr Solution is if you do not wat to go back to that install, just Dump the Data to a Disk. Cobian may no work, there may be an Issue with VSS (Volume Shadow Service)

I would just use a Good File Manager, Total Commander is best. Grab it at File Hippo. http://www.filehippo.com/download_total_commander/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users