Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton A.v.2005

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clank

clank

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hi
running XP home with SP2. dial up anytime connection with Wanadoo (OLD Freeserve)

Having trouble downloading E mails and sending them but can connect to the internet.

Went to Start, All programs, on line services which came up with Freeserve set up. clicked on that and a

Norton Anti Virus came up with MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN HALTED. MALICIOSE SCRIPT DETECTED

object...Windows Script Host Shell Object

Activity... Run

File C\Apps\Freeserve\freeserve.nec.

Any help please as what to do about this, could it be that, that's causing me problems with my E Mails,
Clank :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:54 AM

Have you gone to "Add/remove program" and see if you can uninstall it?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the reply

Have checked add or remove programs its not there, did a check on Window Explorer and found
...Windows Script Host Shell Object. deleted it but its still in the programs as mentioned before,

Clank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users