Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Appropiate is a Sense of Humour?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#61 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Just for Giggles...... :lmao:
~~ Tornado Watch~~

~~Tornado Watch~~~

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#62 heavydude

heavydude

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

That really made my day.

#63 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

@ heavydude,
That's what it's all about,if I brightened your day then that makes me happy :)
I'm much ablidged for the feedback!!
here's another.... :P
~~~ Foreign Affairs~~~

~~~ Foreign Affairs~~~

MissPlaced

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#64 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

Sorry that I have not been here for a while, but I had some Medical Problems that I had to come to terms with. Too boring for this Tread, so I want to pass on this Gem after. Sense of Humour gently taught this lady a lesson.

I was in the Crisus Care Ward. Medication and Puffers are at Breakfast and Dinner, sometimes at Lunch, but not in my case. My usual thing is to eat my meal, then take my Medicine, then to take my Puffers.

This Nurse came up and dished out my Medicine and Puffers, at Dinner time, then stayed there, tapping her foot. I just ignored her and kept eating my meal. She tapped her foot louder. I looked at her and asked "What seems to be your problem?" She answered "I want you to take that Puffer Now" I just looked at her and said "I will take when I am ready" She answered "You will take it when you are told" :hysterical: Talk about waving a red flag at a bull?

I just looked at her and said "Excuse me? I am the Patient here?" She answered "Yes, of course". I answered "You know that I suffer from serious panic Attacks, and your Job is to keep me calm, not cause me more Stress" After that she walked away shaking her head.

I looked up and two of the Crisus Care Nurses were smiling at me. One came over later and thanked me for sorting her out.

Ray
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#65 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

how horrible was that nurse's attitude, they should understand their patient, that's the reason for countries prefer foriegn nurses working in their facilities.

#66 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

In Honor Of Drovers Dog I'd like to continue this thread...

As I was On my way yesterday to pick-up my last child for the day, i was thinkin about what to make for dinner,I passed a McDonalds and my mind began to roll back in time to a few years ago, now i'm gonna preface this with the student's that I had that year were lengendary with the office, contractors,drivers for their antics, which is how i ended up with them in the first place :lmao:
I'm gonna call Them "The Lengendary 4" :lol:

On this particular day it was kinda warm so i had the windows open, I was sittin at a stop light, i could go right on red, but the traffic was bad that day, so i was waitin till it was safe to do so, and as usual
in a situation like that, somebody's just gotta see if their horn work's and the guy behind me did,I made the remark ooooo you found the horn didya? GOOD FOR YOU BABY!!!
I should have known better....Because in unison "The Lengendary 4" shot their arms out those open windows flyin da bird....There is a reason that they go to an alternative school ya know... :lol:
I had a habit of taken them thru the drive thru at McDonalds on friday's if they were good that week, and get them burgers and stuff from the dollar menu....I grade on a curve so they still got to go to McDonalds that week.... :lol:

MissPlaced

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#67 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

I just remembered this the other day and thought I'd share it with you all....

Now we sent our son to college, He has his Masters in Business Accounting,BUT somewhere along the way I think he lost his common sense and this is why I think that...

Before my son and his sweet wife had children,they had my grand-kitties..3 of them....

NOw you know those screen's that are over chimney's to keep things like birds outta your house??
wel there had been some terrible winds and it blew the screen off the chimney...

My son had come home from work and noticed that my grand-kitties weren't actin right, so he went to investigate, and discovered that there was a bird in one of the upstairs bedrooms,quickly he thought I've gotta get a blanket to catch this bird...meanwhile my grand-kitties had followed him upstairs...
so there's my college educated son runnin around that bedroom like a wild man tryin to catch that bird as my grand-kitties watched their insane human.....

my son soon realized that the blanket wasn't gonna work....so his next thought...A Tupperware container with a lid...so he races downstairs to the kitchen to get said Tupperware container and lid, with my grand-kitties in hot persuit...My son then races back upstairs with my grand-kitties in hot persuit, and again run's around the bedroom like a wild man....

he get's tired in this effert and sit's for a minute swearing...( I didn't know my son could string together a slew of cuss words like that....I blame his father..for this..... :lmao: )

now still trying to figure this thing out,, with my grand-kitties still watching their insane human...

my son looks over at the window...and say's I KNOW, I'll OPen THE WINDOW!!!...That's my college edcuated son what thought that...and so he did.. the bird soon flew out and he closed the window.... :lmao:

MissPlaced

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#68 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just for giggles...... :hysterical: :hysterical:

Dear Ma and Pa,

I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled.

I was restless at first because you get to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m. But I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.

All men got to shave but, .. it is not so bad, there's warm water.

Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee. Their food, plus yours, holds you until noon when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.

We go on 'route marches,' which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A 'route march' is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys get sore feet, and we all ride back in trucks.

The sergeant is like a school teacher. He nags a lot. The Captain is like the school board. Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake . I only beat him once. He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6' and 130 pounds, and he's 6'8' and near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,

Susan

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users