Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have been enlisted to help my Brother in-law with his slow computer.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raidencmc

raidencmc

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

I am the resident geek in the family. I have been thinking about this for a week or so trying to put together a game plan as to what I would like to do. I have put a lot of thought maybe too much into it. So I am gonna give it a go. I thought about all of my past problems and how you guys helped. I also thought about the things I would do if I had the same problem. The biggest thing I am facing is simply the time. When dealing with my own PC I can start a scan at bed time or before work and deal with it hours later. And after a few days have everything in great shape. Given the fact that the PC is not in my house that changes things. He has no PC skill so I could not ask him to do anything. So what am I to do. The reason I posted this in Am I infected? What do I do? is the fact that our niece was over there for the weekend and when she is at my house she is not allowed to use our PC cause we end up with some sort of malware everytime she touches it. At home I would run MBAM quick followed by MBAM full, then in safe mode DR Web, ATF, and Super Anti-spyware. After any problems are resolved run disk cleanup, CCleaner, Defrag and ckdsk. But the time to do all of that is just too long. So does anyone have any suggestions? Also if possible I would like to put what I can on my 256mb flash drive if possible another alternative would be burn it on a disk.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts in malware removal. you need to run some scans and review the logs to see what is next.

Now you can run MBAM and DrWeb of the flash drive but now you need to review the results.
Use SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users