Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter Strike: Source (Performance Problems)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I'm trying to run Counter Strike: Source on my computer, but it runs so extremely slow. Even to the point where it's completely unplayable. I'd say, the max FPS I've ever seen was 10, but most of the time it run's under 10, like 8 or 9. That's slideshow quality.

Here are my specs from DXDiag:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
What I find strange is that these are the recommended graphic settings:
Model Detail: High
Texture Detail: Medium
Shader Detail: High
Water Detail: Reflect World
Shadow Detail: High
Antialiasing Mode: 2x MSAA
Filtering Mode: Anisotropic 2X
Multicore Rendering: Off (I have a dual core)
High Dynamic Range: Full
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
The thing is, I put on the settings on LOW and play in the lowest resolution possible, 640 x 480. Still get extremely low FPS. I'm not expecting any miracles, I just want like 30 or 40 FPS if possible. I should also mention that I've tried "maxfps" configs which turn off or lower settings which aren't directly needed per-say and doesn't change a thing, except making it more ugly.

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2011 - 08:08 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Computer Gaming.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users