Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell 530s stuck on Windows Error Recovery Scrren

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LadyLeo

LadyLeo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Working on a Inspiron 530s, it was brought to me and said I can't fix it, help. The problem is: loads to Dell screen then to Windows Error Recovery black and white screen. It says windows failed to start. A recent hardward or software change might be the cause. Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Normally neither works. Launch Repair is a loop and Normal just leaves a black screen. I know it runs Vista. I cleaned all dust, changed COMS battery, tried F8 all lead to black screen.
Updated:
I know that its a Inspiron 530s shipped 10-2008. Who to possible rent a center. She bought it for her gamer son, three years ago, i know she sent it back in to be rebuilt about two years ago.
I can get to the F12 and run diag. testing I get error codes: 0F00:137B (there is not a disk in the drive I know what caused that) Then I get on the extended test: Error 1100:012A : 1100:022A : 1100:052A. Every thing else checks out ok on that test. I have noticed it only beeps once on start up, and the motherboard has and yellow light that stays on. Beyond that I know nothing else. I asked him what happened he said he turned it off after gaming when he turned it on in the a.m. it was in this condition. I don't know if any of this helps.

Edited by LadyLeo, 13 September 2011 - 07:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users