Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Stop: 0x05001210

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fediajordan

fediajordan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

On a Toshiba Portege M700 with Windows XP I am receiving a BSOD with the following:
STOP: 0x05001210 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
There is no other info about what happened, it just says a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.
I do not know any specs about the system (memory, processor, ect) I was given this laptop from one of my guys in the field. I have searched and I cannot find any info about this Stop error message. There has not been any new hardware or software installed on the laptop recently, other than a possible Windows update, I am not sure.
Every time the system is booted it shutsdown and has the BSOD right before you see the Ctrl Alt Del screen to log in. I have tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and command prompt. Each instance get you to the log in window but when after entering my info and logging in it immediately shuts down with the same BSOD. I have also tried Last Known Good Config with no such luck.
Also the hard drive is encrypted so I cannot simply pull it out and get a backup of it before trying to reinstall the OS. I have not tried to repair windows yet, I am waiting to try other solutions if they are out there.
If anyone can point me in to the right direction I would really appreciate it. If you need any other info, simply ask and I will provide you with everything I can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GuruLounge

GuruLounge

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Are you able to access your encrypted drive via the Recovery Console on the Windows CD?

Jeff

#3 fediajordan

fediajordan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

the recovery console does come up but I can't do anything like I normally would be able to do while in the recovery console.

#4 GuruLounge

GuruLounge

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

so you can't log into your windows installation and run chkdsk on your hard drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users