Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 p8315

p8315

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Ok I am trying to hook up a second monitor. Went and got a (Tripp Lite VGA/XGA monitor Y Splitter) Model P516-001-HR, Hooked it up and well it works to the fact that i can see everything on the 2nd computer that is on the first. :whistle: So I went to Screen Resolutions to adjust the second monitor however, under Orientation it does not show Multiple Displays.... So far I have determined that the system is not detecting (Yes I tried to detect the other monitor) the 2nd monitor. :angry: I've searched and I dont really know what i need to do to help find it. I am runing Win 7 w/ 64 bit, and a Intel® G41 Express Chipset under Display adapters and Monitors. Is there a driver i need to update???
Please help
Thanks
Paula :wacko:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 p8315

p8315
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

Got to looking the 2nd monitor I have is an Acer LCD Model No. AL1516, Tried to download a driver :angry: no luck... Tried to Connect to a Projector, Duplicate and extended, No luck... Still searching for help
Thanks

#3 RefreshConsulting

RefreshConsulting

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

I find that the Windows Display options are not as robust as the Display Manufactures software (IE ATI, Nvidia). Perhaps loading and using the software provided to manage you display may give you better results.

#4 p8315

p8315
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

:o OK that has me lost

#5 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

You are just using a splitter. It will just clone the same image to both monitors. The computer has no way of knowing the 2nd monitor is there using this Y splitter. You need to have a dual display graphics card, or two graphics cards to have independent screens, and for the pc to see them.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#6 p8315

p8315
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Frank,
Thank you that I understand. Now i have a question if you can help. I have a Older Dell Optiplex GX270 Win XP Pro. desk top tower, which i get from Dell around about 05 setting in the closet. The one I am using is a Dell Inspiron 537 4 GB, 64 Bit, 450 Processor @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz with Win 7, Which i got at Walmart. So now you know a little of what I am working with :wacko: How hard would it be to take out of the old and put in the newer one. I've been in side the older one the problem would be i am not really sure what is what other then the fan, cd drive (little things). If you can explain how i will know if i am able to put the card in the new one(slot to look for etc..) Also I have some files and prog. on the older one that I am not able to run on Win 7 Is there a way to put that hard dirve in the newer one or what would you suggest.
Thanks for your help,
Paula :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users