Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tabull

tabull

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hello -

As suggested, here's some words by way of intro. I wrote my first program in 1959, which gives you some idea of my advanced age. Believe it or not, none of my several computers has ever been infected (or if this isn't so, the infection is still there). I came here because my wife's computer (Dell Latitude, XP SP3) became infected with the cryptor virus. I think I've removed it, but other issues have popped up around this event (CRL problems, seemingly).

I was a biochemical engineer (Ph.D. U of Mich 1968) in a previous life, but I've morphed into an autodidact designer of embedded computers (8 and 16 bit). If I had my druthers I'd be writing novels and poetry.

Frankly, I hope I never have to come back here after my problem is resolved, except perhaps to help others.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tequesta

Tequesta

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hello talbull,

Biochemical engineer that is interesting I am trying to get my daughter interested in something like that. She is in a Medical magnet program in High School and is exploring her options. About your wife's computer, you might want to post in the malware forum for help http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html follow all the directions closely. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users