Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

minecraft format not accelerated

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 b_wilson

b_wilson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/wBCnUcNqDdNMuDl6JSafvTM These are my specs can somebody please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Your video card is a bit lacking, as it doesnt support the OpenGL version needed to play.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi b_wilson welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I received your PM for help and here I am.

Trust me when I tell you that you are not alone when it comes to this error, I have helped and assisted in at least 5 threads where multiple members posted in other member's threads with the same issue as you.

First off, MineCraft is a very buggy piece of software, many different video card owners of different brands are having the same error message show up when trying to run MineCraft.

I looked at your Speccy report and I seen this information for your graphics card.

Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
Memory: 64 MBMemory
type: 2Driver version: 6.13.01.3317

Am I seeing that correctly, your video card is only using 64 MB of memory?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 b_wilson

b_wilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Yeah i think so is that bad ?? i dont know much about computers i just got mine fixed today. should i upgrade my graphics card??

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

That is your on-board video card right?

When I look at images of your motherboard, it looks like it only has PCI slots and no AGP or PCI-E slots.

An upgrade would certainly help, but you may be limited to what's available for PCI slots and most PCI cards are very outdated.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

I mean correct me if I am wrong with what I said about only having PCI slots, I can not be sure the image I seen was your motherboard, but it was labeled Acer Aspire F61MV.

Image I seen is below.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=acer+f61mv+motherboard&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=bahdvOEuLTn9AM:&imgrefurl=http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/qa%3F21102124733275&docid=cdV4fM1xnepYMM&w=255&h=222&ei=nc5uTov4MOj40gHHl9XmCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=823&vpy=95&dur=6777&hovh=177&hovw=204&tx=95&ty=84&page=1&tbnh=129&tbnw=153&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&biw=1067&bih=537

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 12 September 2011 - 10:39 PM.

#7 b_wilson

b_wilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Yeah i think i do only have pci slots but i dont know what that meens sorry.

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

It means that you are limited to only being able to upgrade with a PCI video card, those are hard to find in a local retail store, because PCI-E have taken over the video card market.

You can still get PCI video cards, but your on-line sources would have to be http://www.Newegg.com or e-bay.

Although there are other sites out there with legacy hardware, you want to shop for the cheapest prices out there.

You would be amazed how many free video cards there are around for PCI, check with anyone who has an old computer or spare parts laying around, try to go with the one with the highest product number.

Geese if you lived close to me I have like 30 or so PCI cards, one being an ATI Radeon 128 MB PCI card.

They are around for free if you check with other people close by.

Bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users