Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mail being returned

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hilgersom

Hilgersom

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

I'm having email returned to me today with this message

"Diagnostic code: smtp;550 SC-004 (SNT0-MC3-F25) Unfortunately, messages from 24.224.136.30 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can
Remote system: dns;mx1.hotmail.com"

I contacted my internet provided and was told to unplug the modem and start it again to generate a new IP address and then run a scan for viruses. I've done that, ran Malware once and McAfee twice, and cleared all of my caches/history/active x/cookies/etc. and mail was still returned.

Any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

Who is your ISP and what application is sending this error out?

#3 Hilgersom

Hilgersom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

ISP is Eastlink here in Southern Ontario. The message is coming from postmaster@eastlink.ca.

#4 Hilgersom

Hilgersom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

Well there you go. I just called Eastlink again and it's a situation with their mail server rejecting mail and not my computer. It would have been nice if they had told me that this morning when I called. Thanks for your help....

#5 mattycakes

mattycakes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

I've been receiving the exact same message after trying to send emails the past few days. I'm also under Eastlink, on the high speed for rural areas wireless network they've got in Nova Scotia.

The internet itself has always been slow and inconsistent but this is just downright frustrating. I tried the same steps attempted by the OP with no success and Eastlink is saying the problem is on my end.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

I've been receiving the exact same message after trying to send emails the past few days. I'm also under Eastlink, on the high speed for rural areas wireless network they've got in Nova Scotia.

The internet itself has always been slow and inconsistent but this is just downright frustrating. I tried the same steps attempted by the OP with no success and Eastlink is saying the problem is on my end.

Wait till the issue is resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users