Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 christa

christa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:19 PM

Hello everyone!

My name is Christa, and I am new to BC.

I have recently taken a position as an IT Assistant. One of my "duties" is to set up a computer resource library. The library will be for refrence only, so people can't take the books with them.

Does anyone have recommendations for books that you feel would be good to buy for the library?

Basically I guess I am asking what you would want to see in a resource library if you had access to one.

Thanks!!
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

Welcome to BC, Christa.

I would suggest you post your question separately in General Chat, for lack of a better place. It might help if you briefly described what kind of company this is, and what kinds of things users do with their computers. I am sure books on the various MS applications would top the list, but perhaps (depending on operating systems) there would be other resources of interest to your fellow workers.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

I think a library of that kind would benefit from a short introductory paragraph explaining exactly how
any particular computer user can register & join bleepingcomputer.com for commonsense answers.

Congratulations on your new "duties", Christa
You and all of your friends, associates and especially those who'll use the resource library, are always welcome.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 christa

christa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

Thanks to both of you.
I will post in general chat.
I plan to include a link to BC in the first newsletter that I put out, it's too good of a resource to keep to myself!

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! christa.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic