Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5 Reasons Why Your Life Will Be Miserable Without an Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

>>>Although antivirus programs are affordable today, there are still certain computer users who still do not have one installed. If you are one of those who still do not have an antivirus installed in your computer, this is why your life will be miserable.

You can't tell whether you have a virus infection or not. Since you do not have anything to warn you about an infection, you won't be able to tell whether your computer is infected or not. As a result, you will always think that your computer is in perfect condition where it is free from viruses. Even if you are infected, you won't be able to tell until one day when your computer completely crashes.

You will waste your time diagnosing things that has nothing to do with it. Without an antivirus, you will start to suspect your computer has a virus infection when it has poor performance. This is not always true because a poor performance computer can come from many aspects. As a result, you will spend your time diagnosing problems that has nothing to do with the root cause that you suspected.<<<

More @ http://www.windowstalk.org/2011/09/5-reason-why-your-life-will-be-miserable-without-antivirus/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lti

lti

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Actually, the title was "5 Reason Why Your Life Will Be Miserable Without Antivirus."

They advertised registry cleaners and driver updating tools, which can cause more damage than malware in some cases. My computer works perfectly with the generic drivers built into Windows. For the few devices that Windows did not detect, I installed their drivers using the disc that came with the computer.

I wonder how long it will be before someone says that the extra security isn't worth the performance decrease. There aren't very many people who use such an old computer that they will actually notice the decrease in performance.

I haven't received any malware on my computer, but my antivirus software has blocked a few rogue antivirus installers that came from advertisements.

Edited by lti, 12 September 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

They advertised registry cleaners and driver updating tools, which can cause more damage than malware in some cases.

I hadn't noticed as I have virtually all un-wanted ads effectively blocked on my PC. :whistle:

Edit: Upon further review, they did manage to slip one thru the cracks, the one for the driver updating crud. Just added it to my Adblock Plus Rules. Buh-Bye, Driver Finder or whatever it's called. :)

Edited by Union_Thug, 13 September 2011 - 12:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users