Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering C drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Heinriche

Heinriche

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong bit of the forums, wasn't sure where to put this.

Yesterday Avira on my dads computer picked up BOO/whistler so I made to boot in safe mode and run malwarebytes and after the first screen which offers F2 to go to the BIOS and F12 to go to a more general display it shows

"Der Bootsektor dieser diskette wurde neu erstellt.
Benutzen Sie den DOS-Befehl SYS um diese Diskette bootfahig zu machen!
Bitte legen Sie nun eine Systemdiskette ins Laufwerk und drucken Sie eine Taste. "

The same occurs if I try and access safe mode, I have the windows XP OS disc for the PC and went to use the recovery manager but it found nothing to recover, I then went to install windows XP and it shows an unpartitioned space the size of the hard drive of the PC. I've heard rgat "Avira is not denying anything, just the access to your partitions was lost due to the virus removal procedure. "

I tried to use kaspersky to no avail, what could I do in order to recover the C drive? I have very little experience so if you suggest something such as partition wizard could I get an explanation on how to use it? Specifically I was suggested EaseUS Partition Recovery.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hello and Welcome to BC :welcome:

"Der Bootsektor dieser diskette wurde neu erstellt.
Benutzen Sie den DOS-Befehl SYS um diese Diskette bootfahig zu machen!
Bitte legen Sie nun eine Systemdiskette ins Laufwerk und drucken Sie eine Taste. "

Sorry I doesn't know what is this. Could you translate it to English.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 Heinriche

Heinriche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hello, thank you for your response.

Apparently it means

"The bootsektor of this Floppydisk has been written new
please use the DOS command "sys" to make the floppy bootable
please insert a systemdisk into the ( floppy - Device ) and press a key"

Avira is a German company I believe so this may well be their message, inserting a system disk (windows XP OS disc I assume) it takes me to the usual screen that allows recovery manager I believe it's called and installation of the OS, I was suggested I try the fixboot and fixmbr commands in the recovery manager (which doesn't function as usual due to not being able to find the C drive). The fixmbr command ran but fixboot will not, I am no longer getting the message in German but instead a message telling me there is no boot disc available.

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Could you go to BIOS Setup and check does your Hardrive detected or not?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 Heinriche

Heinriche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

This topic ought to be considered solved now, I have handed the matter over to a professional, thank you for your responses.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for keeping us informed...let us know the resolution/findings.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users