Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Folder on Taskbar - New Desktop Icons go to this folder?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nmbgeek

nmbgeek

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

So I am trying to figure out how/why this is the way it is. I have a user that has their desktop as a folder (quicklaunch style) on their taskbar. There are no desktop icons on the actual desktop and any new icons created by installing a program or dragging and dropping to the desktop are moved to this idiotic location on the taskbar.

I have checked the registry and Shell folders appear correct.

I have a feeling that a previous user has used something similar to Tweak UI and changed this and now it has me scratching my head. Any suggestions on restoring this desktop?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

right click on the taskbar to toolbars/uncheck desktop.
it was creating a toolbar of the desktop folder.

Edited by cogs10, 11 September 2011 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users