Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not connect to a certain network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomasu

tomasu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Alrighty, then. Hello everyone, first time posting, but I've browsed here many times trying to solve various unrelated problems.

On my laptop, which is an Fujitsu Lifebook, A series, I can connect to most networks. However, the network that I really need to connect to is my home network. The security settings are all correct, however I usually end up getting limited connectivity. However, this doesn't let me connect to even the router settings.

All my device drivers are up to date. And it is really bizarre, because I can connect to any other network except for this one. It connected just fine until I had to do a reformat due to a hard-drive crash.

Please help, or let me know what other information would be relevant.

Edited by Budapest, 10 September 2011 - 04:29 PM.
Moved from Vista ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

Hello :welcome: to BC!!

Do you have any thing else connected to the wifi router? Also have you tried powering the router off and on again to see if that helps? Also If you could supply us with your wifi routers manufacturer and model. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 tomasu

tomasu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

The router is a rangemax wireless-n 150 from netgear. There are two other computers connected on the wifi network, and both are working normally. The laptop can connect to any other network it tries to get on. I have powered the router off for 5 minutes, then turned it back on. Still doesn't work.

Thank you for the welcome.

Edited by tomasu, 11 September 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

Please see this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users