Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System( Device Manager)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 defjam

defjam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

Hello....i recently rebooted my computer and installed a windows Xp again..following which certain devices are not working....i have no sound and when i check system in control panel..under hardware.device manager i have stuff like Multemedia Audio Controller,Video controller,Video controller(VGA compatible),and ethernet controller as devices that are not working properly

Pls Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:40 AM

It sounds like you are missing a few drivers. Do you have a CD for the motherboard? If so re-install. If not download from motherboard site. Ditto with sound, whether you have a sound card or not. If yopu don't know, download Belarc Advisor which reports on your system.

phantazy

#3 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:00 PM

Try right click on the ones that are not working, and select driver update. then select pick from a specified location. In the next window select don't search I will pick driver. Choices will normally come up, with the best already picked. Highlight and install. Try this technique for all devices not working. Also, until you install sp2 you are going to have unresolved issues with sound and 2.0 usb ports. Drove me crazy until I figured it out. The best way to proceed is get windows up to speed and then resolve the driver problems.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users