Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB PC Camera

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 omieboy

omieboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hello!

Glad to be here at BC! Thanks guys for hosting something like this. But I don't know how to solve my problem so I would like to inquire if someone knows how to get the uninstall program for the USB PC driver that I downloaded from the web for my USB PC Camera, the device driver software for which I could not uninstall because it couldn't find cleanDEV.exe and deINF.exe in the Windows directory. Any new driver won't install unless I uninstall the one that has been installed first and the uninstall program won't proceed unless I get the abovementioned files available where they should be.

In the meantime, not even Tune-up Utilities could clean up my Program and Features list and the Trust Webcam driver installation could not be uninstalled nor be taken off the list of installed programs. I use Vista on an Acer 5315 notebook and the camera specs are: USB PC Camera AVC04APX SN 0709000121.

Even Targus.com has discontinued selling the retrofitted camera so the misplaced CD installer for the device driver for it is not to be found there.

PS

I did manage eventually to download the cleanDEV.exe and position it at the \Windows subdirectory but now the uninstaller is looking for the cleandevice.ini file which I don't know where to find as well!

Any help, guys?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users