Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mp3 is not detected when plugged in to ps3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 westsyde

westsyde

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

hello, i own a hipstreet mp3 video player that i want to use with my ps3 (take songs from ps3 and put them on mp3 player) but when i plug it into the ps3 nuthing comes up it doesnt even recognize that anything is plugged in. i know its not the usb cord cuz it works with my computer, and its not the ps3 cuz i hooked a ipod and it reads it as a usb device. the file format is FAT32 like it should be to work with the ps3. i did talk to hipstreet but they were kinda usless, they just said it needs to be in file format FAT32 to work (which it is so i dont know what the problem is) also my old mp3 player (hipstreet also) worked great with my ps3 but sadly it kicked the bucket :( so if someone can help me with this problem that would be great cuz i dont know what eles to do to get it to work. also when i do plug it in to ps3 the mp3 player gives mne the option to do a data tranfer, charge and play or charge. when i click on data transfer the mp3 player says usb busy do not disconnect(its not transferring any songs tho) and when i click on charge and play it doesnt even play music thru ps3. i also tried going to the songs on my ps3 and copying them to see if it would work and it just tells me connect storage media at the save destination. thank you for your help and i hope to hear from you soon :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 westsyde

westsyde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

if this mp3 player just wont work with the ps3 could someone maybe recommend to me a mp3 player that is gaurenteed to work with the ps3 plz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users