Hello,I take it you mean MalwareBytes when you say Antimalware so please post that log/
I removed the other's post as the are not reading your post before copying my replies.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs
tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Spybot then detected 2 trojans ...Can you tell me the names please.
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note:
When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Now use SASReboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
. Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware
Free for Home Users
- Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
- In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
- Click the Scanning Control tab.
- Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
- Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
- Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.