Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Dump To Disc After Restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frazzledagin

frazzledagin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

Let me start by saying how much I appreciate what you all do here. It amazes me that i've been feeling around in the dark this long. I don't think I'll be able to contribute much info, I'll be on the receiving side oh....100% of the time give or take.. I will donate after I get a paypal account. I guess one of my concerns is who is legit and who isn't . It was pretty obvious that the spykiller wasn't the real deal. OK it started a couple months ago when I was informed that i had a trojan virus. Being an old dog trying to learn..... there is alot of truth to that.... I could only depend on what i could find online. I was initially using McAfee when i first signed up with aol. I ran an occaisional AdAware SE scan which seemed to work well. Smooth sailin' for the first 2 years and ...get this...one week! I would have hated if it'd happened after 2years and one second. That's when it all went bad.. Hmmm seems almost like it was planted huh. Oh well. At one time I looked at my device manager and had no files whatsoever. Long story short..I got humped by the dellions for 100 plus for some phone support. I made my first call to dell support at 9 pm and got fully back in business at 7 ish am... yaa fun... Enough bout that. Obviously I backed up all personal files and wiped out the drive. Then reinstalled all.
Current subject: I started getting the spykiller popup, MAN is that annoying! Didn't take long to figure they'd navigated around my pop up blocker. Well the info about the Trojan.Zlob was accurate because I started having various problems after that. With the new aol account I had Norton and they couldn't do anything with the file. One of the scans was able to delete the (jp75DB.tmp) file but the (eied s7 c 48.exe) file the couldn't do anything with. Well their instructios were to turn off system restore, reboot in safe mode and then edit the registry. Well none of the filles they claimed would be there were there.ere ere. sorry I debounced. So I came across a fellow that let me borrow a copy of his smit____ forgot the rest but you know what it is. Anyway that got rid of the pop up but now I cant get my screen resolution right and everytime I try to change anything, after restarting, it does a system dump. I've been booting from the install disc just to get online. I also got a message from "microsoft" that I had been breached and need to go to www.patchupdate.info and download their patch for 20 bucks.. Whatupwitat. Is that good guys of bad guys? Ahah I just got the message from security monitor to windows user about the patch. Ok that's enough for starters. I could sure use some advise. Thanks again ahead of time. It sure is nice to clear some of the fog..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:41 AM

Well, whereto start . . . The 'microsoft' patch message is false, but unsettling, they're trying to phish you, and should be reported. You have some infections, and I would start with a free 'Ewido' scan. Removal might prove more difficult, but the main AV sites provide removal tools, Symantec and Kaspersky, etc., once you know what they are called. I'd also try 'A2', which is a Trojan finder and remover, and 'Spybot Search and Destroy'. The finding probably won't be difficult, but removal may be. If problems persist perform a 'Hijack this log' and send it to the appropriate forum on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users