Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WAN drops LAN works

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 see Zim run

see Zim run

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

I have a small network that has recently had problems with internet connectivity. I thought it was just a simple network loop or switching loop but the issue is repeating but on a smaller scale now. We had no internet access for about 8 total days (in different weeks). I ran malware bytes on two computers that still have issues. Both found pum.hijack.displayproperties (i believe, i don't have the log with me). The connection to the internet drops at random times. But when it is out the only way to get internet connection back is to run arp -d * or netsh interface ip delete arpcache then the connection comes back. One computer doesn't have access for about 20 - 30 minutes in the morning then it comes on without my intervening.

Could this PUM.HiJack be causing this to occur or could it be something else in the networking side that i should look in to. Your expertise is greatly appreciated and anticipated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users