Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remember password...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 holeintheground

holeintheground

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

I have a desktop computer built by a friend that has basically been a paperweight for the past month. I cannot remember the password for my account, which is the only account on the machine. I've tried everything and anything. How can I get back into my computer? I am not very good with this type of computer issue, and I do not have any of the discs for the computer. Some of the advice I have read in the past said I would need a password recovery disc or something...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

If you have a password reset disk created for your computer you can use that to get back in. Other than that I cannot tell you how to get past the password on your computer unfortunately.

• No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 08 September 2011 - 12:00 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

The BC rules for this have changed slightly.

Below is a link to how to recover or remove password.
Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users