Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Steganos Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dyrbooker

Dyrbooker

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

Hi,
I'm a novice at this computer stuff and I'm a girl. I recently loaded Steganos software on my computer because I want to surf the web anonymously, for a few different reasons. I have Charter DHL, and when I activate the surf anonymously my IP address does not change. I know this because there is a feature in the program that checks for you, and when I check it says that I am not searching anonymously. What might the problem be. what can I do to make Steganos software work on my PC. If I were using a wireless connection would that work better. Is there another program that I can use? :thumbsup:

Also I enabled some to the other features like erasing what I used last and stuf like that. Is there any sugestions that you can give me about things that I should and should not let this program do?

Your help is appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

http://anonymizer.com offers free anonymous surfing, but it is very limited.
Just download the toolbar and when you restart Internet Explorer click the ON button.
If you are seriously interested look into the paid version.
Firefox doesn't offer anonymous surfing but it will clear all stored data when you close it
so no-one can see where you've been and all cache and cookies are cleared.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users