Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Install Dot Net Framework

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guaranteed

guaranteed

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

Win XP Pro SP 2
768 Megs memory
AMD 1800 Cpu

I have been unable to install Dot net 1.1 or 2 on my system. I have downloaded it from Windows update and will download but will not install. Shows updates not installed. All other updates seem to work fine. I have uninstalled all old dot net items and ran a cleaner for dot net as well. Windows update now shows 0 megs to download and will go straight to installation and then fail. I have done what I could find on the net with a google seach and do not understand the MS site as to this problem. All other functions seem to run fine except those that require dot net.
Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:17 PM

The Microsoft Download Center has what you are looking for. Try downloading it to your computer and then installing it rather than going through Windows Update.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 guaranteed

guaranteed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:32 PM

That did the job. Thanks again.
Bruce

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:24 AM

Right on guaranteed, glad that worked for you. Thanks for posting back and letting us know. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users