Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sites being blocked from my ISP?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poweranimals

Poweranimals

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

I wasn't really sure where I should post this, but here seemed suitable since it sort of seems like a networking problem. Up until recently, there's a site that I've pretty much visited on a daily basis without any problems. That is until a couple days ago. The other night, the site was running smoothly until at it just stopped loading. My initial thought was that the site was just down and I'd wait for it to come back up. However some other members of the site had said it was running fine. So I tried connecting to the site from my Android phone and it wouldn't connect either. So it obviously isn't just my computer.

The thing is though my Android phone was connected to internet via my Wi-Fi service provided by my ISP. Out of curiousity, I decided to switch over to a 3G connection and it worked. So basically it seems to purely an issue with my ISP. I called my ISP (Comcast) and they seemed kinda clueless and thought that the person may have blocked the IP or something. I was able to post on the site via my phone's 3G and ask them about the problem from their end but they say that whatever the problem is must be on my ISP's end and it's out of their hands. So neither side really knows what's going on.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing the issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ask for your ISP to issue you an new IP address this will rule out the website being at fault.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users