Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie6 And Firefox Nightmare - Iexplorer Has Encountered A Problem And Will Have To Close.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro Monteiro

Pedro Monteiro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

Hello guys.

This is probably the first time in my life I have had a problem with my PC that I couldn't solve.
Being a Web Developer myself, this is really affecting my work-

When I try to access certain websites I get an error: IEXPLORE.EXE ( FIREFOX.EXE for firefox ) has encountered a problem and will have to close. When I chose not to send the error report, it just closes the window I was navigating.
Additionally, this issue randomly prevents me from acessing the net at all for a while. Moments later, the access is back up.

Examples of site's I'm attempting to access: www.godaddy.com, and google images.

- I have ran 10 Anti-Spyware applications, and everything seems to be clean.
- Don't seem to have any harmful active process.
- Ran 3 different Anti-virus that turned out clean.
- Tried uninstalling Ie6 in the add/remove programs and didn't do a thing
- Tried editing the Registry values manually without sucess.

Any of you have an idea of what's going on here?

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

Interesting, and I am sure an annoying, problem. A little more information would be useful.

Does it happen everytime you try to access these sites or just occasionally?

Does it happen with both web browsers on the same site?

Does it happen with other web sites or just these particular sites?

Both Firefox and IE will crash (Firefox does it to me often when I am trying to download, but I think that may have as much to do with the design of those site as with Firefox) but for both to not work ever on the same sites would make me think that there is something with your computer causing the problem.

If it is not a virus or malware, then the only thing they would seem to have in common is your Internet connection. Have you looked at those settings?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

Please click on the details of the error report and post them here - it may help us to figure this out.

Do you have more than one anti-virus running at the same time? If so, I'd recommend only one run in memory at a time - and leave the others for "just in case".

How do you connect to the internet? Do you have a router? What kind of modem?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users